NAVI (Navigational Aids for the Visually Impaired) is a student project aiming at improving indoor navigation for visually impaired by leveraging the Microsoft Kinect camera, a vibrotactile waistbelt and markers from the AR-Toolkit.
For this the Kinect camera was made mobile with a 12v battery pack and got mounted onto a helmet using Sugru and duct tape.
For more information see the blog post.
Thanks Michael Zöllner
- Downloads 0 comment(s)
- Kinect as a Controller for a Sex Games Interface 37 comment(s)
- Kinect Powers MOTIV 20 comment(s)
- Guides 0 comment(s)
- Kinect Piano taken to a new level 34 comment(s)
- Kinect controlling Apps on Windows 7 28 comment(s)
- Real time lightsaber tracking and rendering on the Kinect 32 comment(s)
- Two Kinects at once! 20 comment(s)
- Official OpenSource Drivers For Kinect Released 20 comment(s)
- Augmented Reality Magic Mirror using the Kinect 30 comment(s)